Friday, June 22, 2007

Movin' on

I've finished one half of the Flutter Sleeve Cardi. Right now, it looks sadly abused and misshapen.

The instructions assure me, however, that it will eventually be blocked and lovely. The color is giving a really tough time in terms of photos. The true color is a deep wine red that reminds me very strongly of Moulin Rouge.

Here's a little detail:


Here's Posy, waiting demurely for her big modeling shoot:


Now I am waiting (im)patiently for the yarn to arrive for Joy and now am looking at an array of things I have my eye on for future present planning...

Luigi from Rowan 35. Maybe for Dad? Mom thinks it should be all one color. I kind of agree. I also cannot make up my mind if I should look at cottons or wools for this.

Cap-Sleeved Beaded Sweater from Vintage Knits. Designed by Sarah Dallas. It's so simple and sweet. I'm thinking maybe for a friend of mine. I am horrified by cap sleeves on my person, but I think they're adorable on other people. And after Joy, the sparse placement of these beads will probably be a breeze.

Finally, the Fair Isle Cardi from Debbie Bliss's Simply Baby. How cute is this? This will take some planning though, since the fair isle pattern is not done in the round.

No comments: