Thursday, March 19, 2009

FO: Ocean Blue Pangea

I'm baaaaaaaaack.

I'm sorry I am such a bad blogger. But if it makes anyone feel any better, in my time away I finished the following: A short story, a script, a friendship, a freelance project, another year of my life.

And, of course, this lovely little thing:

Ocean Blue Pangea Shawl
Pattern: Pangea Shawl by Sarah-Hope Parmeter (Rav link)
Yarn: Tilli Tomas Demi Plie in Moroccan Blue, 3 skeins
Needles: US 5 Lantern Moon circs
Mods: Left off the last four rows of Chart I

This is a fabulous pattern and a fabulous yarn. If I had the budget, I would only be making shawls with silk.

The best part of this pattern is how you start of with little clover-ish shapes:

And then you move onto these odd, foamy little figure eights that look perfect in true blue:

Which eventually lead into steady little arches and gentle scallops:

Shawls are making me incredibly happy right now. I'm still hoping to finish that damn cabled coat, but my sweater-knitting is going mucho slowly at the moment. Doesn't help that the weather shows signs of warming up.

BTW, you know the best thing about making a shawl? Blocking the bottom of into such precise little points.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's lovely. :)

Anonymous said...

It's very beautiful!!! Glad you're back! :)

crochetgurl said...

It's gorgeous and I love the little points!

Kate said...

It is beautiful! What a wonderful shawl. I found your blog through Ravelry, I am about to start making Kim Hargreave's Flourish and have just read your post about it. What a great pattern it is!