Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Loveliness

It's been quite a lovely week over here Chez Sway.

I started the Roped Shell in Vintage Cotton:

It's super easy to knit and I'm excited that there will be no sleeves to knit. Maybe tanks are the way to go. The slipped stitches are popping out of the fabric right now, which explains why the gauge instructions demand that you block. I'm not completely sold on the color combo. I think it's a bit too bright still and a bit too...orange. But I decided to knit it up and see how I feel at the end and if I still need different colors, one of my friends will be lucky.

I also have swatched for Flicca (Rav link), Oblique, and Annikki. I've promised myself that as soon as I finish knitting either the Gathered Pullover or the Cabled Coat, I'll be able to cast on at least one of these lovelies.

Also, I got some minor good news. I wrote up a very short treatment for my screenplay, which I really want one of my good friends to direct. She works part-time for an Oscar-nominated director and one of her jobs is to pitch him potential screenplays. She chose to pitch mine to him last week and he gave so many wonderful comments and encouragement! He was excited about it and asked to read it when I finish. I'm flabbergasted. Truly, truly flabbergasted. I've been out of school for almost six years and it's been a long time since I've gotten any kind of academic/professional comments on my fiction work. I'd forgotten how it felt to be proud of my personal creative writing and I am on cloud nine.

To celebrate, we went out to dinner and got quite happily drunk on some fantabulous red wine. The next day, still aglow with excitement, I treated myself to a bouquet of peonies and lilacs.

Alas, the peonies had a very short vase-life. The lilacs, however, are hardy as hell.

There are now real flowers in my window instead of socks and I get to enjoy them despite the dreary weather.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Congrats! I love peonies too, even if they do have a short vase life.

Anonymous said...

Those flowers are gorgeous! I love the colors of your tank!

KSee said...

happy dance on the screenplay. Your flowers are pretty missed my lilacs this year.