Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Warm Fuzzies

The back of Estela is done. Here she is, attempting not to be a wrinkly mess:

I bought a couple extra balls of this yarn because it looked like I might run out. Will have to do a complete review of the yarn itself once I'm done b/c there are a couple of issues with it that are driving me a little batty. The pattern is heaven.

Speaking of heaven:

I'm making this as a sample for the store. It's a kit of 10 colors of Artyarns Silk Mohair that are knit into a giant stockinette stole with ombre color changes. This one is a neutral colorway, but I know there are brighter colors available. The stockinette is giving me an excellent chance to work on my continental knitting skills and it's easy as pie.

Honestly, I think purl stitches are just more enjoyable in continental knitting. The yarn itself is so soft and squishy that I want to swim in it. Mohair isn't always super-soft, but this stuff really is. I want to make one for myself if I ever get the time later this year. As it is, I am limited to working on this fluffy mohair in my air-conditioned bedroom or the store.

And for more weather-inappropriate knitting, I bought me some oodles of black cashmere:

Debbie Bliss Pure Cashmere. Enough to make a shrug. I will be having fun with this shortly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your sweater is looking great! That sample is so delicate, so pretty!