Friday, August 1, 2008

The Cliffs of WIPsanity

I am stalling. On many things, but knitting in particular. It is NO HELP that Rowan, Vogue Knitting, Interweave Knits, and Twist Collective are tempting me to cast on new projects.

In the meantime, I am plugging away (albeit slooooooowly) on Clint's sweater. The goal is to have it finished before Clint leaves for Chicago at the end of August.

Knitting it is yummy. It's a bunch of Rowan Cashsoft Chunky and it's heaven on the hands. The colors aren't so...girly...in real life. Ribbing is in a chestnut brown and the stockinette is a deep maroon.

Estela is coming along, but it feels like it's taking FOREVER right now. I feel guilty for leaving my lovely cabled coat alone for so long. I feel guilty for leaving my lovely Irish Cream stole alone for so long. I feel guilty for leaving yet another sock in single sock mode. Sigh. I don't know if I will continue Oblique after all b/c Mom requested a different kind of sweater recently.

All of which is making this:

...call out to me in the name of procrastination. It's two balls of Jade Sapphire's Lacey Lamb and I might make a present out of it. But I s'pose it'll all have to wait. Booooooo.

However, the knit-stalling is partially due to the fact that I've been working feverishly on my script. So I guess it's all a give and take, no?

I also found some of those wonderful Savannah College of Art and Design notebooks at B&N again:

B&N is very, very tricky. I resisted getting that $25/yr membership card for so long. But it sounds so appealing when you realize you're about to purchase upwards of $100 of reading/writing material and if you pay $25 for the membership, you get at least $10 off right this second and then you only have to get a total of $16 in discounts for the remainder of the year in order to make the membership worth it. Damn you, B&N. You are tricky.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been knitting much, either. And I've also been feeling the urge to cast on a million projects because all my other ones bore me. ;) Attention span of a 4 year old on a sugar rush...

I love the notebooks you got. I'm starting uni in a few weeks, and I always go nuts when school's about to start again - books, pencils, notepads, new pencilcase, binders, stickers, planners, etc. etc. I love it. :D

Anonymous said...

Damn! Those notebooks are so cute...I have no idea what I'd use them for, but I must have them. MUST.

p.s. Your clapotis is beeeeutiful! Love those colors.

Anonymous said...

Lovely WIPs! We've had that membership for years and it is so worth it!! Cool notebooks!