Monday, March 24, 2008

Fluffy Bits

Last week was stressful. It was all capped off by my losing my cell phone in a cab and figuring this out only after I was ensconced in my PJs. I have lost my phone, oh, about five times over the past four years. The first time was a pickpocketing, so maybe not my fault. Second time I left it in a cab. Third time I left it in a bar. Fourth time was an unfortunate incident when I tossed my jeans into the washer...without checking my pockets. This brings the total to five. I was about to give myself an ulcer.

I borrowed my roommate Don's phone to call my friend Maya to ask if I had left my phone at her place. She said she'd seen it in my pocket as I left but checked again anyway. No phone. As I was on her land line, she got a call from my cell phone on her cell phone. She asked what the caller's name was, and heard a garbled, "I like this," after which the caller hung up. So she assumed that the caller had just decided to keep my phone. We decided I needed to cancel the phone. While I was in the process of canceling the phone, Maya called me again and told me to cancel the canceling. The girl had called back and said, "My name is Alexis." Maya had somehow misheard "Alexis" as "I like this." Long story short, Alexis's mother called me back and told me to meet her on their corner this morning and I did. She gave me my phone back. I gave her a Starbucks gift card as a thank you for relieving me from potential ulcers. There are some really nice people in the world.

Easter and all that stress is now over but I'm still into the pastels.

This is a ball of Schaefer Elaine. It's 99% wool/1% nylon and it's a thick-and-thin yarn with a sproingy texture. I've been staring at it lovingly in the store for a while but couldn't think what I would make with it. So I'm making the store a sample out of it.

It's going to be some sort of raglan cardi for a two-year-old size. I'm kind of making it up as I go, so who knows what it will look like in the end. It looks like a candy necklace melted onto cream.

Even the leftover Peeps are coming out to play:

BTW, I tried these new "sugar-free" Peeps the other day. Yuck. That's all I have to say about that.

I also seamed up the Asymmetrical Cardi and I just need to knit up the collar and button bands.

2 comments:

KSee said...

how great about getting your phone back.
Love that yummy yarn and the Cardi is beautiful.
Sugerfree Peeps! like drinking decaf. Why bother.

Anonymous said...

Lovely knitterly goodness! That's wonderful that you got your phone back. I think there are vast more kind people in the world than not.