Saturday, December 6, 2008

More Shooting

Alas, no new knitting content yet...

I have come to an impasse with the freaking cabled coat. The seaming of the thing is a ridiculous endeavor. I messed up three times. Ripped three times. Cried twice. So I'm on to a couple other things right now, but haven't had a chance to photograph them b/c I was working on yet another shoot that involved a lot of high school extras and some freaky art studio in Brooklyn.

The backyard of the studio, however, yielded some very interesting photo results that remind me of strange circus freak movies. I'm sharing them with you so that maybe someone will agree with me and I will feel slightly less silly about how this yard gives me the heebie-jeebies.

An abandoned factory with strange sculptures littering the yard:

Sunlight casting a menacing shadow over both school bus and heavy construction equipment:

Aluminum children at play:

Half a car growing decrepit behind a barn:

Blue clay bowls sitting like serving dishes:

Shells collected from shore and dragged inland:

And a sad Pooh, fading in the sun:

3 comments:

KSee said...

Interesting. All I have are questions. Who out all that there? When and for how long. One person or many? The space sure would make a great park/secret garden.

thank for sharing. Sorry to hear about your woes seaming.

crochetgurl said...

Awww. Poor Pooh Bear. Did you know there's a crochet pattern for Pooh? It's from Leisure Arts. I still haven't gotten past his ear yet. :-(

Sorry to hear about your seaming woes. I'm too lazy to sew up the seams for my dad's vest, so I ended up crocheting the wrong sides together and it actually didn't turn out too bad.

Anonymous said...

I love going on a photo shoot and seeing what you can capture. I'm a bit meh about my knitting right now. Maybe I'll go on a photo shoot too.