Tuesday, August 28, 2007

CPH...she grows...

CPH is in da hood.

You can't see it in this photo, but she has delightful red flecks occurring throughout and this realllly tempts me to buy some red apple-shaped buttons for her front. The body has now been blocked twice: Once in pieces before seaming shoulders and knitting on the hood, and again after the hood and button bands were finished. Why? Because I was getting paranoid that the durn sweater was too skinny. I did not want a skinny sweater, I wanted one that was a little breezier. She needed a bit of fattening up. But now I'm worried I may have blocked a bit aggressively. Oh well, I'm halfway through one sleeve now and I'll worry about all of this once it's finished. If she needs a diet, I'll re-block yet again.

Speaking of "re" anything, I finished this one Anemoi mitten at the end of last winter and then it suddenly stopped being cold. Now I don't know if I want to make the second of this pair or just start anew with different colors. For some reason, I wasn't sold on the blue and white combo. Maybe a darker blue? Although the Harrisville wool was boo-tee-full...not super-soft, but I really like the look of it and my hands are not so lovely that they need to be encased only in cashmere.

Also, I rediscovered this fabulous enamel pendant while cleaning out drawers over the weekend:

I'm so in love with this and can't remember how I forgot about it. I like the poppy motif so much that I'd like to try and wrangle it into some intarsia-something or other. I've done fair isle, but no intarsia yet. I'm not scared to try, but I often don't like intarsia patterns so I steer away from them. This might set me over the edge...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the mitten and the pendant. Maybe you could make the coordinating mitten in the colors and motif from the pendant? A pair of mittens doesn't have to match itself exactly, right?

Anonymous said...

The CPH is looking great. I think you should finish the Anemois! I love it in those colors!