Sunday, August 12, 2007

Stash! Can you dig it?

"They say this cat Stash is a bad mother (SHUT YOUR MOUTH!) I'm talkin' 'bout Stash!"

Um...yeah. I have had too much caffeine today. And I watched too many bad action movies on TV this weekend. I have also been shopping way too much lately. My only excuse is that my stash really was pretty pitiful up until a few weeks ago, when my eyes started getting bigger than my fingers. Or something. This will all stop soon, I promise. Cross my heart and hope to die. And if not, I'll just make a big bed out of the stash. I'll fall asleep in a mountain of wool.

One of my favorite yarn stores is now stocking Malabrigo laceweight. I was only going to buy Addi lace needles for the Smoke Shawl. Er...I have no idea how these jumped into the bag.

But aren't they pretty? Like buttah, people. BUTTAH. Look at those baby blues. The color is called "Tuareg," which I don't really get. According to Wikipedia, the Tuareg are a nomadic tribe in the Sahara. "Sahara" and "blue" don't seem to go together to me so much. Whatevs. Maybe the sky above the Sahara is incredibly, piercingly blue. Also, I have never knitted with Malabrigo before. This is soft, soft yarn. I just want to pet it. I think I'll make Ene's Shawl out of these twins.

Pretty yarn and pretty books. Life is grand, ain't it? Jeanette Winterson is one of my favoritest authors in the whole wide world. I heart her. I wish she would write more books, much faster, but I'd hate for anyone to put pressure on me like that, so my wish shall remain just a wish and not a demand. One day, I'll work up the courage to write to her and tell her how much her books mean to me.

But for now, I'll just take photos of the blue-bound ones with the pretty yarn and a pretty necklace. And some blue DVDs. It's funny, but I never noticed how many Disney DVDs are blue. There's an appalling scarcity of blue in my room. Maybe some more blue yarn would help? Just kidding.

No comments: